BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 9

Transformers



So, I'll admit, I don't remember too much about the cartoon in the 80s. I'm lucky to remember the first few lines of the theme song...

Transformers
More than meets the eye
Transformers
Robots in Disguise


And I'm only lucky enough to remember the name Optimus Prime from one of Dane Cook's jokes about having 15 kids or so and naming them after his favorite Saturday morning cartoon...namely, Transformers. But I knew that I had to see this flick.

First of all, you can't got through the summer without watching at least one big badass action movie. And who does that better than Michael Bay? I mean really? And although I was skeptical, Transformers really does deliver...well, at least as much as a summer blockbuster can. True, there will be no Oscar nods, except maybe for special effects, but if you want a balls-out die hard action film, this is your movie.

Without giving too much away, the plotline goes as follows: Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) buys his first car only to find that there is...well...more to it than meets the eye. His car is actually an alien robot from outer space sent to Earth as his guardian. Sam holds the key to locating a great power source that was lost long ago in which the Autobots (Optimus Prime and his band of good guys) plan to destroy in order to keep the it away from the Decepticons (Megatron and his minions) who plan on using it to destroy the Earth. Alright, you got that? Now bring on the car chases and all out battles!!

Michael Bay sure knows how to keep his audience entertained. And while there's enough eye candy for the males in the audience, he really out does himself for the females. Josh Duhamel is gorgeous!! And Tyrese, with those rippling abs and solid pecs...mm, drool! Shia isn't too shabby either and brings a cute, quirky charm to his character Sam...not that any of us, in a million years, would believe he'd actually end up with the girl. I mean, yeah, I'm a chick, but that girl is flippin' gorgeous!

If hot ladies or gents are your bag the action is enough to get anyone's blood pumping. The car chases here are heavenly! I'll admit, I'm a sucker for a good car chase. I mean they have to be having a blasty blast filming it and they're even more fun to watch. I always want to leave the theater with 20 cop cars waiting to chase me across the freeway! Not that I would, it is only a fantasy! ;)

If ever there was a popular cartoon turned live action award for the best adaptation...I may have to be nominating this epic. Now, don't get me wrong...it is definitely NOT a film. This is a movie: a popcorn eating, soda slurping, clap when it's done, cheer for the heroes, guy-flick. Still, I had a lot of fun, and really what more can you ask for in a summer movie?

The JackScore:
3.7 out of 5 stars

No comments: