BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 15

Little Children




Yes, I'm aware this movie has already been in theatres, but since "Mr. Brooks" I haven't been to the movies. I recently rented "Little Children", however, from Netflix. I went into this movie expecting to be appalled, seeing as I thought it was all about molestation, but really that subject isn't in the fore-front.

This movie is all about Kate...Winslet that is. She is abso-freakin'-lutely fantasic!! No wonder she was nominated for this role!! And since I have yet to see "The Queen" I'm going to refrain from saying she should've won over Helen Mirren.

Now, I can't exactly say this was all about Kate, because in all actuality the whole cast was fabulous. Patrick Wilson, with his sexy cleft chin and perfect body, was the ideal "Prom King". And no one could've played the Ronnie better than Jackie Earle Haley. It definitely isn't an easy task to play a character who you both feel sympathy and hatred for, and he pulls it off flawlessly.

I really don't want to give away too much of the plot, but I will tell you that it is a must see film. Yes, I said film, I guess I have to stop calling this a movie, because it's nothing like typical movies (i.e. Armageddon, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc) it is an actual film. Definitely not for the typical "movie-goer" either. This film allows you to fall in and become part of it, like another character.

I have yet to read the book for which this film is based, but if it's anything like that then I'm sure I'll enjoy it as well.

Rent this ladies and gents!! But leave the kids in the other room.

The JackScore: 4.5 out of 5 stars!

No comments: